No other team has spent more time in the top tier of English football than Everton’s 110 seasons.
English Football Clubs
Lets take a look at the success of English football m88a clubs, within English, European and Worldwide competitions. With the retirement of Sir Alex, United managed to finish just 7th placed and there are now question marks whether or not they can regain a title winning mentality. Liverpool are the 2nd most successful team in all English competitions with 48 trophies, with most of their outstanding trophy winning capabilities coming from the 1970s and 80′s. Everton come in as the 4th most successful team with 9 top division trophies. With an unrivalled 11 titles, Liverpool lead the rest of English clubs when it comes to trophies outside of England. They have won the Premier League a whopping 12 times in the last 20 seasons, all under current manager Sir Alex Ferguson. Despite Everton’s chunky trophy haul, they have not won a title since winning the FA Cup back in 1995!
European And Worldwide Titles Won
This Hub was last updated on 29th December 2014 and all the information it contains is to the best of my knowledge and research. They have not won the top flight of English football for more than thirty years, with their last top tier trophy coming in 1980/81. Everton have won a juicy 23 titles in all English competitions. Liverpool have only finished runners up twice in the last 20 seasons which isn’t such a great statistic, however they were a rejuvenated side last season and finished a close second. Unfortunately for Liverpool, they seem to be on the downfall having won just one trophy in the last five years, the League Cup in 2012. Man Utd have won an astonishing 10 English titles within the last 5 years. With the clubs success of 2005 they were also runners-up in 2006/07 but have not lived up to their European pedigree since.
Here are the top 5 teams in ALL English football competitions, including, Football League First Division and it’s successor the Premier League , FA Cup, League Cup, ScreenSport Super Cup which was a one off competition in the 1985/86 season, set up for the English clubs that qualified for European football which they couldn’t proceed with due to all English football clubs being banned by UEFA following the Heysel Stadium disaster. They last won the top flight title in 1986/87 with 86 points, taking the crown from arch rivals Liverpool, however the next season they could only manage 70 points, putting them in 4th place with Liverpool reclaiming what was theirs, Everton haven’t touched it since. This aided their Premier League record of 49 matches without a defeat.
Top 5 – Top Division Title Winners
3. Please feel free to leave a comment below, thanks for reading.
3. After they achieved that incredible feat they had earned the nickname ‘the invincibles’. Honours: Premier League x9, FA Cup x5 and the Community Shield x9. Their last non-English based trophies came in 2008, winning their third UEFA Champions League title in May and the FIFA Club World Cup in December.
1. Manchester United come sailing in as the most successful team in all English football competitions with an unprecedented 55 titles, winning 31 of them under Sir Alex Ferguson. Aston Villa hold the record of 128 goals in a single top flight season.
2. Honours: Premier League x13, FA Cup x11, League Cup x2 and the Community Shield x13. Liverpool were awarded the UEFA Champions League trophy permanently after winning it a fifth time in 2005, the only English club to do so. Arsenal’s most note-able trophy to date would have to be their sublime 2003/04 ‘The Invincibles’ Premier League campaign, winning the trophy undefeated!. There is only one major trophy that Man Utd have never won, the UEFA Europa League. Tottenham Honours: Premier League x2, FA Cup x8, League Cup x4 and the Community Shield x7.
So after the Premier League titles and a round up of all English competitions, lets now take a look at which English team has been the most successful in all past European and Worldwide competitions, including, Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, UEFA Cup Winners Cup, UEFA Intertoto Cup and UEFA/CONMEBOL Intercontinental Cup, along with the present competitions of UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.
2. Manchester United sit in second position with 7 European and Worldwide title wins. 1. This doesn’t distract from their supporters optimism however, with a lot of followers claiming every season that they have ‘turned a corner’ and that ‘this is our season’. Honours: Premier League x18, FA Cup x7, League Cup x8, ScreenSport Super Cup x1 and the Community Shield x15. Chelsea and Tottenham are joint for 5th spot with both winning a respectable 21 English football trophies, Chelsea Honours: Premier League x4, FA Cup x7, League Cup x4, Full Members Cup x2 and the Community Shield x4. Starting with the Top Division/Premier League followed by all of the English trophy competitions, moving onto European and Worldwide titles with the final rundown of which English football club has won the most trophies all together.
1. Man Utd are the only team in history to win the Premier League three times in a row, twice.
All English Football Competition Titles Won
The top division of English football was the Football League First Division. Here I bring to you, the top 5 Premier League title winning teams which also includes the previous Football League First Division titles.
3. 34 of their 48 trophies came within these times. It wasn’t until 1992 that the Premier League was formed, taking over from the First Division as the top tier in English football. Honours: UEFA Champions League x1, UEFA Europa League x1, UEFA Cup Winners Cup x2 and UEFA Super Cup x1.
5. Honours: Premier League x20, FA Cup x11, League Cup x4 and the Community Shield x20. Arsenal stroll in at 3rd place with a tasty 13 league titles. The third most successful English team in all European and worldwide competitions is Chelsea with their 5 trophies. Liverpool seem to be losing their respect as one of the ‘big four’ teams of the top division but they went a long way to silencing those words last season with a more than respectable second placed finish, are the tides turning and are we going to see a challenge from Liverpool once again..
4. Their latest title win was in the 2003/04 season where they accrued a massive 90 points and they also were the first team to go through a whole season of 38 matches undefeated. Liverpool have made the final of the League Cup on 12 occasions, more than any other club.
5. Aston Villa are the 5th most successful team in the top division of English football with 7 trophies to show for their efforts. Honours: UEFA Champions League x3, UEFA Cup Winners Cup x1, UEFA Super Cup x1, UEFA/CONMEBOL Intercontinental Cup x1 and FIFA Club World Cup x1. Liverpool have earned themselves a nice hefty 18 top division trophy wins but are yet to win the trophy again since they last did in 1989/90. Full Members Cup and the Community Shield are also included.
2. All of their trophy wins have come prior to the forming of the Premier League. Manchester United are the most successful club in the top division competition of English football with an incredible 20 title wins. Arsenal come in at 3rd place with an impressive 39 wins. Man Utd heavily bolstered their title wins not so long ago having won the Premier League 3 times on the trot between 2006 – 2009 again in 2010/11 and then most recently 2012/13. Manchester United have won the Premier League and Community Shield more than ANY other team, they have also made the most FA Cup final appearances with 18 along with their record of 28 Community Shield appearances.
4. Honours: UEFA Champions League x5, UEFA Europa League x3 and UEFA Super Cup x3
Click here for more th-th.facebook.com/m88.m88a
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Casino-Gaming :: What Percentage Of Races Does The Favorite Horse Win? - March 14, 2017
- As mobile fuels sports betting boom, corruption concerns mount - March 1, 2017
- As mobile fuels sports betting boom, corruption concerns mount| Reuters - February 13, 2017